As we get ready to enter 2017, we think ahead to our plans for the new year. If you’re a business owner, you are hoping and planning for growth. But how do you find time to focus on the where, when, why and how to get that growth happening? You need to free up some of your time so you can focus on the business you excel at. A great way to find that time is by outsourcing some of the time consuming daily maintenance associated with running a business. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can give you the expert support you need. Here are just a few of the functions you can consider outsourcing:
- Data Security: Keeping your data secure is crucial to keeping your business running. With almost all businesses running at least some or all of their functions through the internet, cybersecurity risks are prolific. Hackers know there is value to be gained in all sorts of data and they are inventing new ways to access it everyday. The huge uptick in ransomware attacks in the last year alone should be enough to scare any business owner. Monitoring and maintaining network security should be the full-time job of a team of experts.
- Moving Your Equipment: If your business is growing and moving to a new location, you need to hire a managed IT services provider. Moves don’t sound like much. But once you think of all the steps involved with an office move, like planning when it will happen, how much power and cooling you’ll need, how many man hours it takes, and what your downtime will be, you can see how complex it gets. Then, multiply that complexity by the amount of IT equipment you have, and you can see why moves are worth outsourcing. This goes doubly if you’ve never done one before.
- Printing Process & Printer Maintenance: 80% of the cost of printing comes after you purchase the printer. Ink is generally the main culprit of the additional costs. Paper and maintenance can both increase costs substantially too. At Great Lakes, we’ve found printer issues account for the most help desk calls (even more than laptops and personal computers). Hiring a Managed Print firm can save you time, money and a lot of headaches.
- Server Storage Devices & Storage Maintenance: Monitoring your company’s server is critical to the smooth day-to-day operations of your business as well as maintaining satisfied clients. Unfortunately, some companies only casually observe daily issues involving the server, often allowing small, correctable problems to develop into major ones. Outsourcing server monitoring, which can be completed remotely with the help of advanced software programs, will save you money and the hassle of dealing with unexpected server outages. Continuous, remote monitoring of your server ensures your system stays up to date with updates and backups, and will alert you to any issues of concern before they become a crisis for your entire organization.
- Cloud Computing. More than 80% of all businesses report greater in-house efficiency as well as financial savings after integrating cloud computing into their IT structure. There are many levels of integration available for businesses to use the cloud, ranging from a single application to a complete cloud solution. Complete cloud solutions tend to be more cost effective than hybrid models, where data is stored on the cloud but PCs and other aspects of IT hardware remain the responsibility of individual companies as opposed to the cloud service provider.
All of these services can be outsourced to a trusted Managed Service Provider, like Great Lakes Computer. You will see benefits in the form of longer equipment life, less time wasted on maintenance, and cost savings from more efficent system uses. Make 2017 the year you get your head back into growing your business.