Professional Printer Repair for your Business Equipment
Small businesses and “one man shops” often avoid the need for printer repair completely by purchasing small, cheap printers that can be thrown away and replaced when they start acting up. This is not a realistic option for larger businesses and most SMB’s, however. As most owners and CIOs know, the cost of toner instead of ink cartridges dramatically reduces the cost of printing. This makes it worthwhile to purchase a professional document center instead of a standalone printer. These document centers double as standard copying and fax machines in addition to handling print jobs coming from the organization’s computer network.
Once a professional-level printer is in service, however, a company will have to consider its eventual need for printer services. Document centers need regular maintenance from a skilled and qualified technician, and while they do not break down very frequently, sooner or later they will probably experience a problem that requires professional intervention.
Not all issues, however, should require users of a laser printer or document center to call for assistance. It is in the interest of larger businesses to make sure that there are several workers on hand who have received proper training for dealing with common problems that may arise. One of the most typical issues that takes down a professional level printer is a paper jam. While removing a paper jam from a low-cost inkjet printer is largely self-evident, this is not always the case with a large printer able to perform advanced functions such as automatic stapling and printing on both sides of a page on request. The route paper travels through such machines can be highly convoluted.
When the unit is new, workers who will habitually use it should be trained to find and clear paper jams. They should also know how to replace supplies such as toner and cartridges containing staples. With proper training in place, the company will need to contact a professional repair services firm only when a true malfunction occurs.
Managed Print Services
If the idea of printer downtime and repair stresses you out as a business owner/manager, perhaps it is time to consider a Managed Print Service Contract. Great Lakes Computer’s MPS includes printer repair and maintenance, all for about the same amount you’re paying an OEM provider just for print supplies!
Consider these added benefits of using Great Lakes Computer for Managed Print Services:
- All inclusive plan: everything is included except the paper (i.e. toner, maintenance kits, all parts, labor, etc)
- Lower print costs with 10 – 30% savings on overall printing costs
- The program is billed on a “per page” basis, which means how much you pay per month will depend upon how much you print
- Preventative printer maintenance to increase uptime and reduce printer repair service calls
- Automated print supply ordering and trouble notification
- Less IT involvement with printing problems
- Precise management of print resources to control and reduce print cost
- Your printers are monitored remotely, enabling us to catch problems early and resolve them more efficiently. We monitor the toner level of a printer, any errors that are generated, as well as the page count. GLC can then produce various reports with information that gives you a better overview of your print operations, plus insights as to how you can further reduce your costs.
Let us take a look at your current print operations, and help identify where you can save – schedule a free, no obligation assessment today: