Though it launched in the late 1990s, the popularity in Cloud Computing has grown exponentially due to a little thing called COVID-19. With many employees working remotely, the need to access data and continue work operations from their homes was (and continues to be) critical to the survival of many businesses. In fact, research companies Forrester Research and Gartner both predict that businesses will continue to move their operations to cloud operations. Forrester went as far as to say that in 2021, 20% will do just that. Is this trend in Cloud Computing right for your business? Let’s take a look.
What is Cloud Computing?
It’s all about the internet! In the past, businesses would use servers or a computer in their office to run applications and programs from. By switching to cloud computing, it takes those needs away. The hardware, software, networking, analytics, storage and even IT services are now delivered and available through the internet.
The Benefits of Cloud Computing
There are many benefits to moving your business to a serverless network. They include:
- Available Anytime, Anywhere: Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, it’s more important than ever for employees to be able to access their files from any place, at any time, and from any type of device.
- Reduce Business Costs: Not only will you save on server fees, but you’ll find maintenance, data storage, personnel, even electricity will go down when your entire staff is using a cloud.
- Advanced Protection: Cloud computing is cutting edge business technology, so with that comes high-tech data security and recovery options.
- Flexibility and Speed: Cloud computing is highly versatile, making it easy for businesses to increase or lower bandwidth as needed.
- Productivity: By using a cloud, you’ll discover your employees are more productive. Not only because of the speed in which your staff can now access what they need, but your IT staff won’t be bogged down with server issues and can focus on more important business tasks.
- Simple to Transition: Though it may sound like a headache to switch from a traditional server to cloud computing, if you have assistance from a company with the proper expertise, the transition will be smooth and quick. Great Lakes Computer Corporation can definitely help you with that!
It’s important to know that Cloud Computing still has a few kinks to iron out. Safety from cyber threats is an important one, especially if you have a public cloud. But not to worry: We begin by recommending a private cloud, followed by having proper security hardware and encryption installed. That combination will keep your business safe from harm.
Getting On the Cloud
If you’re interested in moving your business to a cloud network, it doesn’t have to be stressful. Whether you are considering a small step to cloud services by moving your email server environment to Office 365, or ready to take a giant leap and rid your workers of PC’s to our Complete Cloud Solution powered by Avatara, Great Lakes Computer is ready to guide you and manage your transition.